$50.00 (3 items)
For $50, you’ll receive six books. The 2017 collection starts with more of João Gilberto Noll—the Ishiguro-esque chase narrative Atlantic Hotel. Then you get My Heart Hemmed In, the novel many call the greatest book of Marie NDiaye’s career. It also includes the the latest novel by Spanish phenom Elvira Navarro and another book from our beloved East German Wolfgang Hilbig. Plus two issues of the journal of translation Two Lines, always packed with new translations from all over the world. Note that subscriptions are auto-renewing (which can be disabled), and international orders require an extra shipping fee.
- My Heart Hemmed In | Translated by Jordan Stump
- Atlantic Hotel | Translated by Adam Morris
- Two Lines 26
$40.00 (5 items)
For $40, the 2016 collection offers our first-ever translation from the Portuguese—João Gilberto Noll’s metaphysical mystery, Quiet Creature on the Corner, reminiscent of the cinema of David Lynch. It also includes the first-ever-translated novel by Macedonian author Lidija Dimkovska (who has published poetry with Copper Canyon Press and Ugly Duckling), and a French novel that’s Edouard Levé meets Marguerite Duras. Plus two issues of the journal of translation Two Lines, always packed with new translations from all over the world. International orders require an extra shipping fee.
- Quiet Creature on the Corner | Translated by Adam Morris
- Two Lines 24
- A Spare Life | Translated by Christina Kramer
- Two Lines 25
- Trysting | Translated by Jennifer Higgins & Sophie Lewis
$40.00 (5 items)
For $40, the 2015 collection offers our first-ever translation from the Czech—an author compared to Kafka and Robert Walser, and a translation which received a PEN Translation Fund grant and was pronounced “masterful.” The author: Richard Weiner. The title: The Game for Real, the first book of his to ever appear in English. Plus Wolfgang Hilbig’s The Sleep of the Righteous, Toni Sala’s The Boys, and two issues of Two Lines packed with goodies.
- The Game for Real | Translated by Benjamin Paloff
- Two Lines 22
- The Sleep of the Righteous | Translated by Isabel Fargo Cole
- Two Lines 23
- The Boys | Translated by Mara Faye Lethem
$30.00 (4 items)
For $30, the 2014 collection offers our first-ever translation from the Chinese, which editor and poet Jeffrey Yang says “masterfully conveys the unbearable lightness of being a young, broke delinquent Beijinger.” Plus, the first-ever book from Scandinavian star Naja Marie Aidt, winner of the 2008 Nordic Council Literature Prize. And we again feature the knockout combo of French phenom Marie NDiaye and her all-star translator Jordan Stump, this time for an absolutely crazy memoir featuring dead people, dreamlike encounters, and a spooky flood.
- Running through Beijing | Translated by Eric Abrahamsen
- Baboon | Translated by Denise Newman
- Self-Portrait in Green | Translated by Jordan Stump
- Two Lines 21
$36.00 (4 items)
For $36 get our first-ever book collection! This includes All My Friends by Marie NDiaye, shortlisted for the French-American Foundation’s translation prize; as well as the 20th anniversary volume of our essential journal of translation, Two Lines; and The Fata Morgana Books, called by The New Yorker “Four nightmarish novellas . . . The writing is sinuous and propulsive; disturbing images are rendered with icy, swift precision.”
- Hi, This Is Conchita | Translated by Edith Grossman
- All My Friends | Translated by Jordan Stump
- The Fata Morgana Books | Translated by Charlotte Mandell
- Two Lines 20: Landmarks